Whether you’re staying or selling, if you’re wanting to give your home a budget-friendly update, there’s no time like the present.
We’ve put together a list of 5 smart buys that’ll help you refresh and increase the long-term value of your property, especially if your home is structurally sound and well looked after, there are so many ways to add value without having to embark on major renovations.
1. Update your windows/sliding doors: The Borghild sheer curtains from Ikea have a nice drape and are perfect for hiding black security screening (especially if you are selling and you have a photoshoot coming up). White sheers always add light to a room – a perfect addition whether you’re selling or staying
2. Paint the front door: Nothing says welcome like a front door painted in a strong colour. Brilliant examples of this we’ve seen lately – an aqua front door on a black and white cottage; a coral/salmon pink with vivid blue shutters on a white house; and a pale turquoise on an olive-green home. We love the colour range at Porters Paints.
3. Light switches and power points: Small details like switches can be easily overlooked in a home, especially when you’ve been there a long time. These are a pretty easy fix and can make an enormous difference. Head down over to Sparky Direct online where you can pick up Hager Silhouette light switches for as little as $5.78
4. The kitchen splashback: Subway tiles are all the rage for good reason. They look amazing and they do the job for low expenditure. Get them at Bunnings for $18 per square metre
5. New taps: A new kitchen tap can make a world of difference and can help bring a 10–20-year-old kitchen up to scratch – check out the black nickel retractable mixer tap at Bunnings for $425, and in the bathroom, we’re also loving the black taps or satin if that relates more to what you have in there currently.