Selling a home is sometimes a market-driven decision, but more often it’s about lifestyle.
So, what are the signs that it’s the right time to put your home on the market?
1. Family changes: The neighbourhood you moved into as a couple isn’t so great now with a toddler and another one on the way. Cupboards bursting with baby gear, a struggle to get down in the lift, and it won’t be too long before you’re thinking about schools
2. Too big: The kids have flown the coop, maintenance is stacking up, it’s probably due for another renovation, and you’re tired of spending the weekend gardening
3. Low stock: If your type of home/suburb is high on buyers’ radars and there aren’t many on the market, market conditions are in your favour, making it a great time to sell and cash up
4. You’ve got a plan for what comes next: You may have been thinking about this for some time, you’ve got your heart set on an inner-city suburb that’s rich in infrastructure, or maybe you’re after a sea-change, tree-change or maybe you’re exploring senior living options
5. Financial stability: You probably own your home, and you’re ready for a new chapter – another sign you’re ready to sell
Making the decision to sell can be daunting. You may even find that some friends and family are in opposition to the idea.
Finding an agency/agent you can trust who’ll show you all the options and keep you fully informed will allow you to make great decisions, in turn making the process much easier.
Look for one who’s on the seller’s side. Take a look at their website. Check out their values/manifesto. Next, take a look at their realestate.com.au profile. Testimonials are a great indication of their expertise and character. Note how well they present property, you need an agency that excels in the area of property presentation in order to SELL LOUD.
Last, but not least, you want an agency who launches direct to the biggest pool of buyers (not just their database), ensuring maximum traffic to your home from day one.