Not long until we move into our old stomping ground and new office!
And since we at H & H count ourselves as coffee connoisseurs, we thought we’d put together a list of our favourite coffee spots on the peninsula.
1. Dicki’s: we love the Bear Bones blend that’s been specially created for Dicki’s, oh, and they’re open at the crack of dawn (well almost… they open at 6am… close enough). It’s two shops down from our new space, so we’ll be seeing you often Dicki’s Team!
2. New Farm Deli: we’ve been going to this iconic establishment in the heart of the village since 2005 when we opened for the first time on Brunswick St . Still amazing food and coffee and so cool to see that it’s still run by the same crew as back in the day.
3. Vue: Another New Farm cafe that’s stood the test of time. The food is really good (I seriously drooled over the Spaghetti Bolognaise the other day), and the coffee’s always served with a smile.
4. King Arthur: not only great coffee, these guys are renowned for their brilliant food too. If you’re in the James St end of New Farm we totally recommend that you pop in here for breakfast, lunch or one of their delectable sweet treats – you won’t be sorry!!
5. Belissimo: this one isn’t officially IN New Farm, but we have to include it on our little list because we love their coffee so much! It’s a dark blend, and they make it exactly how you like it (soy latte extra foamy in case you wanted to know).
This list is by no means definitive, and everyone has their favourites. One of the best things about living and working in a village is going to the same café every day where they know your name and they know your order.
Have fun exploring the great coffee of New Farm!